Monday, January 7, 2008

Cartoon Review!- Interview with Mr. Warburton

Hello! It's me again with another interview with an animator. This week's animator is Mr. Warburton, the creator of the cartoon Codename: Kids Next Door. We are now heading into the wacky mind of this pretty cool guy. So here's the interview!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: How are you doing?

Warburton: Rockin'. And you?

Me: Was you day okay?

Warburton: So far so good!

Me: Anyway, I want to ask you something.

Warburton: No, you can't borrow a dollar.

Me: Could I please interview you for my blog?

Warburton: Um... you sure you don't want a dollar instead?

Me: It would mean a lot to me?

Warburton: Well... okay. But I'm keeping the dollar then.

Me: It you do, please answer these questions?

Warburton: Right...let's rock.

Me: How did you get into the animation biz?

Warburton: It's what I always wanted to do. Initially I didn't think I was good enough, but tried anyway. To be honest, I still don't think I'm good enough. I keep expecting someone to suddenly yell, "HEY! HOW'D HE GET IN HERE! SECURITY!"

Me: How hard is it working on a cartoon?

Warburton: Imagine carrying a grand piano filled with lead bricks up Mount Everest while wearing roller skates as rabid ice weasels give you noogies, pink bellies, and arm burns the whole way. And that's just what your MORNING is like. But I happen to like grand pianos filled with lead bricks, mountain climbing, roller skating, and weasels. I don't like the other stuff but you can't have everything in life, right?

Me: How is it like working at one of the few animation studios in New York?

Warburton: Well, I've worked at a lot of great studios in NYC in the past but Curious Pictures is really the last big studio left- which allows me to have a sooper, triple, giant office with 5 floors, an indoor pool, game room, and 14 car garage (Totally Best Office Ever award, Workplace Quarterly Magazine, June 2007). Regardless, I love being in a studio with lots of different projects going on... it's inspiring to hang out with so many talented people.

Me: How was life growing up?

Warburton: Who says I ever grew up?

Me: What are you going to do now that Codename:KND is over?

Warburton: Watch TV. Not worry about what next week's gihoogic KND story is gonna be. Read Carl Greenblatt's blog and laugh at how much work he has to do (Chowder RULES, btw). But aside from those things, I've doing a children's book for HarperCollins called 'A 1000 Times No'. I'm helping out Cartoon Network with developing some shows with other people aaaaaaaaand I've got a sooper fun new show that's starting to make the rounds.

Me: How do you come up with episode name? Those acronyms must be hard to make.

Warburton: Hint- Stay away from the letter X. But believe it or not... it gets easier after you've done 10,465.2 acronyms. But sometimes you're paging through the dictionary, desperate for a word that starts with R. Sometimes I'd even change the title of the show if the acronym wasn't working out. One of my favorites was R.A.I.N.B.O.W.S. (Running Amok In Nature's Bounty Observing Wild Simians). Sheer poetry, right?

Me: Any final words?

Warburton: Final words? Why would I have any final-- HEY! Is that a kitchen knife? What are you-- NO NO! AAAAAAAAAH!

No comments:

People Who Visit This Blog

hit counter

People since November 18th 2007.
hit counter

Pageviews since November 24th 2007.
free web counter